Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Not a Replacement

Meet Bella.



We adopted her this evening. I had no intention of getting a kitty today but she just wanted to go home with us so much. So, here we are. She's 13 weeks old (and very big already. I think she's going to be a big girl.) and she's a little love bug. As we speak, she's sitting in my lap purring. In fact, I don't think she's stopped purring since we first picked her up. Oh, and yes, her name is after Bella from Twilight. Jacob's idea and I loved it. I would have preferred Rosalie, but Bella's good. It'll be nice to have a cat with a normal name. I certainly wasn't thinking about that when I named Guillermo. He was unique, though.

So, Bella hates Oriana and has already landed two paws full of claws in her nose. She could care less about Peaches.

I need to get some new batteries for my camera so I can take better pictures since the phone takes really crappy ones. But here she is. Our new girl. I still miss Guillermo.

3 comments:

debbie said...

She's adorable, Barb. I wouldn't worry so much about people thinking you are "replacing" Guillermo. You found a sweet kitty and you had room for her.

Susy said...

I told you that if you did it right, it would be okay. LOL Glad you found a sweet purr baby.

Barbara said...

She's a doll. Bella's not shy at all. She's already been stalking all of the kids and lets them pick her up. She was begging Daniel to come chase her this morning. I forgot just how funny the rips are. She spent about 10 minutes just running up and down the stairs. I also woke up this morning to the sound of purring and paws kneading my head. Cute, but painful.