Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Adventures in Permitting

I dropped Daniel off at summer school this morning and the rest of us headed to City Hall to get our pool permit. We park and head inside. I had no idea where to go so I went into the City Clerk's office and she told me that I was in the wrong building. We had to go two buildings over. Okay. So, we head two buildings over and they tell me that I need to go back over to City Hall. I told them that I had just come from there. The guy asked me if the City Clerk people had directed me to them and I said yes. He told me that she probably heard "pool pass" and sent me there as I was in the Parks and Rec building. He told me to go past the City Clerk's office and go down a hall and I'd find a row of booths with ladies sitting there. That's where I need to go. So, we head back to City Hall.

We go in and I'm still lost. A lady stops me and asks if she can help. When I tell her what I need, she starts to send me back to Parks and Rec. I further explain what I need and she directs me to a very nice lady at a computer.

When I tell her what I need, she tells me that there's no need for a permit for the type of pool I have. Ummm...yes there is. It takes three of them to figure out what's going on and what I need. At that point, one of the guys that was at the house of Friday sees me and thanks me for coming in. The lady helping me tells me that he's the main inspector guy and the boss of everyone there. Huh.

Anyway, she gives me the permit...well, the permit number and tells me that they'll have to come out to inspect the fence. Ugh. Well, we're going out of town tomorrow...she says that's no problem as long as they can get to it, they can inspect it. Fine. They'll be out tomorrow morning.

I'm so tired of this.

2 comments:

debbie said...

Sounds like quite an ordeal. I'm glad it worked out ok.

Barbara said...

We'll see tomorrow if it worked out okay...we have to pass inspection.