Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Homemade and Stuff

We're getting spot audited for our insurance so I had to go up to Mike's office so he could photocopy my driver's license. After stopping there, I decided to hit Whole Foods to pick up a couple of things.

I'd been reading Better Homes and Gardens yesterday and they had recipes for body scrubs and hair masks that I wanted to try. I picked up some sweet almond oil and some avocado for the hair mask and then looked around. I also ended up getting a bunch of local honey, some Earl Grey tea and some soy milk. I thought I'd try making my own London Fog drink (from Starbucks).

The hair mask turned out really well (1/2 avocado, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup sweet almond oil. Mash and leave on hair for at least 30 minutes.) It was a little strange to have these huge chunks of avocado in my hair (and randomly falling out onto the floor)...next time, I'll put it in the blender to get a smoother consistency. My hair is nice and soft and it's actually got a ton of curl in it. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

I love the London Fog drink from Starbucks...with a few modifications. I use soy milk and no water. They always look at me like I'm nuts but it's just tastier that way. Anyway, I made my own this afternoon and it tastes exactly the same!!! So, for the price of one of Starbucks London Fogs, I can make 4 at home! LOVE IT!!!

I can't wait to try the honey bubble bath I made! LOL!!!

2 comments:

debbie said...

Good for you! I love sweet almond oil...avacado oil is my absolute favorite. I use both in my lotion.

I wish we had a Whole Foods. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Barbara said...

Whole Foods has a lot of good stuff. They have the most awesome honey vanilla Greek yogurt. Ours is way up at 119th Street by where Mike works (he thinks it's funny that I think he's works far away...it's about 10 miles from home) so I don't get there very often.