Monday, February 02, 2009

Pinewood Derby, Chili Cook-off and Some Stuff

I just realized that I never posted the photos from the Pinewood Derby. We did much better this year. I can't remember the exact standings but I think Jacob came in 8th of 14 and Daniel was 7 of 21 or something like that. Every year, we learn a little more about how to build a better car. Jacob did win Most Realistic Looking Car, and he was excited about that. Here are some photos.

Hannah and her friend, Katie, watch the race.
Rodger gives Jacob his award for Most Realistic Looking Car.
Mike and Jacob watch the Webelos I race.
Jacob and friends watch the Webelos I race
Daniel and friends watch the Tiger race.

On Saturday, our synagogue held it's annual Chili Cook-off. Mike signed me up as a competitor and I took in my chicken chili. It was a blast. I didn't win but that's okay. We made a bunch of new friends and the kids won some prizes as well. We did win the big raffle of the night, which was a $250 portrait package for the family. Nice! Especially since we didn't do family photos last year. Here are some photos from the Chili Cook-off.

Jacob and Mike with their silent auction win...a big plate of chocolate! All of us right after set up.
Daniel's poster for my chili
Hannah's poster for my chili
Jacob's poster for my chili. If you can't read it, it says, "Vote Mom's Chicken chili. (It's the best) Good with chips! Try it with cilantro! Yummy!"

Jacob wanted to win soda (it was all he talked about for three days before) and he did!
They asked a former player for the KC Chiefs to come help and he did! Here's Daniel and Hannah with him. (I can't remember his name!)
Friday, my van decided to freak out on me. It starts but whenever I slow to a stop, it stalls. It starts back up again but it's really annoying. So, it's off at the dealership getting fixed. Ugh. I hate it when I don't have a car!