Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's Thursday and I'm Losing My Mind

I woke up to the sound of fighting. Always a good sign, right? Apparently, Daniel woke up a little before 6am and Jacob was up soon after. Considering they were up, goofing around, until around 10pm last night, the early morning wasn't the best idea. Breakfast was a flurry of hitting, kicking, biting (yes, biting...I HATE that from both toddlers and my almost 8 year old) and screaming. Fun, fun.

Their school has Kindergarten Round-up this morning so Hannah is off of school. The boys hate that. "That's not fair!" Jacob told me, over and over again. "If Hannah gets a day off of school, that means WE get laser tag," Daniel then informed me. Ummm...no. (Nevermind that they have Monday and Tuesday off next week) I was going to let Hannah sleep until 8am, which is what I used to do until she started going to school with the boys. Daniel decided that, once again, that wasn't fair (even though he set his alarm clock for the ass-crack of dawn) and woke her up by screaming at her at 7:30am.

Needless to say, we the addition of Hannah, the house got exponentially louder. I couldn't wait for 8:15 to come so I could drop the boys off at school and, hopefully, regain what little sanity I had left. The boys fought right up until that sliding door shut at the school. I let out a sigh of relief and drove home.

Right now, all I hear is the sound of the dishwasher, Diego on TV and Hannah happily humming to herself. I'll enjoy this while I can. I'm seriously thinking of investing in some earplugs for this afternoon.

1 comment:

Susy said...

I feel for you, I really do. And once they start for the day, it just doesn't stop.