Thursday, February 19, 2009

For Crying Out Loud

Well, it's Thursday and Hannah's home...again. Her left eye was still a little gooey this morning but her right eye was sealed shut. It took a few minutes just to unglue it. My hands are red and cracked from so much hand washing and I've been trying to sanitize everything she might have touched. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep doing it until her eye stops gunking up. Ugh. Have I mentioned that I hate pink eye?

Last night was our weekly Reflex class for jiu jitsu. Reflex class is where you take the techniques we've learned and put them into action. Essentially, it's over an hour of fighting. Last night was the biggest class that I've ever seen. Since there are certain requirements that have to be met before you can go, not everyone is eligible to attend Reflex class. Anyway, there were 10 of us (4 girls, 6 boys) and they really pushed us past our comfort zones. Val is my usual partner, and I did roll with her but I also had to go up against Karl, Greg, John and Dave. What's funny is, occasionally I was the bad guy for some of these guys. LOL!!! My arms are so bruised today. But it was worth it! :)

No comments: