Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bloobedy Blah ('Cause I Can't Think of a Title)

The kids had a four day weekend and were finally headed back to school today. Before Dad gets all mad about the days off, Monday was President's Day (we don't get Lincoln's b-day like in IL) and yesterday was a teacher's in-service. Anyway, we'd noticed last night that Hannah's eye was a little gooey and I was crossing my fingers that it wasn't pink eye. This morning, she woke up with a big gooey, crusty eye and I knew she had it. Ugh. I hate pink eye. So, instead of all of them being back at school, Hannah had a sick day and we packed it up for the Walgreen's clinic to get drops. It's already looking much better.

Last night, Daniel's Wolf den came over to make macaroni art. We copied Deb's Wise Guys but morphed them into presidents. We've got an Obama, Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Lincoln and Washington and I did Ford as an example (he was the only Eagle Scout). They look awesome!!! Here's the one I did.


Jacob got his High Brown belt in TKD last night (Mike got his Saturday). Now, we start preparing for Recommended Black. Jacob wants to test in December, which I'm told is a good goal. Mike would like to test sooner. It's a lot of work.

*All forms from White to Recommended Black (with only 3 mistakes allowed, total, from white to high brown...that's 10 forms plus Recommended Black)
*10 3-steps
*Board Breaking (hand and foot)
*500 Acts of Kindness
*50 hours community service
*Make up with an enemy
*Written test on a variety of Korean words and phrases

It's all cold and dreary here...I wish the sun would come out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that "President's Day" wasn't a real holiday when the trash truck came by today. If it had been a real holiday they would have come by tomorrow.

(^_^)

Dad

Barbara said...

Well, it was real enough to cancel the mail. Our trash wasn't delayed either.

debbie said...

LOL, I was wondering which president that was.

We don't get Lincoln's birthday off in IL anymore. At least not here. We also get President's day. We did not have mail delivery. If it's a federal holiday, why does KS get mail and IL doesn't?

Barbara said...

We didn't get mail on Monday, Deb. I can see how my comment made it sound like we did. I was agreeing with Dad that it didn't mess with our garbage pick up.

Anonymous said...

President's day is a strange holiday. No mail, but the banks were open. I just don't understand. Is this a Federal Holiday?

Barbara said...

Banks can follow their own rules since they're privately owned. Our garbage pick-up company is also privately owned so they can do whatever they want as well. I think the confusion is because even though something is a Federal Holiday, it's up to each individual state to determine if they want to participate or not. That is true for all Federal holidays (just looked it up).