Tuesday, August 05, 2008

For My Crafty Sisters...

Okay. Jacob brought home a tie-dyed shirt that he made at camp. I haven't done a thing with it because it's freaking me out a little. Jacob swears that they said to run it in apple juice and vinegar before washing. A lot of what I've read says you should just use vinegar. Some sites say just wash the thing in cold water, then in hot water.

HELP!!!! I have no idea what to do and he'd like to wear the thing before he grows out of it!!! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

debbie said...

I've never heard of using apple juice. I think the idea is to set the dye. If you don't do the vinegar, it will just wash away.

Barbara said...

So what do you do? Do you just dunk the thing in vinegar and let it dry?

debbie said...

I found this: http://community.cookinglight.com/archive/index.php/t-92559.html

I haven't done it in a long time but it sounds right.

Susy said...

apple cider vinegar, barb.