Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for the kids. This has to be the first time that I've ever seen a school start on Monday. Love it! Anyway, we got to the school a little early so that I could drop the kids off at their classrooms.

Jacob wouldn't let me walk him in...I guess he's too old for that now. Daniel was fine with me walking him to his class until we actually got there. At that point, he pretended that he didn't know me. Oh well. I then walked Hannah to her room. I wasn't prepared for the reading of The Kissing Hand by Hannah's teacher and walked out of the school in tears. She was so excited and looked so happy when I left and I can't wait to hear how her day went.

After dropping the kids off, I headed over to meet Mike at the Fitness Center. I couldn't get an appointment to actually join until Wednesday so I went in on a visitor's pass. One of the trainers took my blood pressure and heart rate (both good!) and showed me how to use some of the machines. She then let me go on my own. I managed 40 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical machine before I was done. I'm excited because they'll put a nice plan together for me so that I can work the areas that need help. I'm excited and I hope that I can stick with it.

3 comments:

debbie said...

I'm jealous you get to start on a Monday. We start tomorrow.

Good luck at the gym!

Anonymous said...

Megan and Katie started on a Friday. I don't understand that.

Hope things go well for you at the gym.

Anonymous said...

No pictures?