Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crazy Crazy Crazy

Life's been nuts since school started back up. I've been hitting the gym every morning which has been making me feel pretty good. I've already been able to go 25 minutes on the arc trainer (a cross between a stairmaster and an elliptical) which is up from barely 10 minutes last week. I'm still not able to lift much on my strength training days, but I haven't been doing that as often so that'll take a little more time. I'm just excited that I'm taking this step and Jacob's told me that he's proud of me. That's enough to keep going.

I had signed up to be Daniel's co-room mom this year. I don't really mind being the co-room mom because the responsibilities are very minimal. Anyway, I go to the big Room Mom pow wow last week and came out of it being Hannah's head room mom and Daniel's co-room mom. Luckily, Hannah's teacher is fairly easy going and doesn't need me to do too much but I don't know exactly how I'm going to be in two places at once (their parties). I can't stress out about it.

I'm sad because a note came home about Girl Scouts for Hannah and I just can't do it this year. If we could add a few more hours to the day, we could add it in but I just don't see how we can do it right now. She seems to be okay with the fact that she'll join in first grade. Hopefully.

Jacob is now old enough to join the orchestra at school. He has decided to learn to play the violin. Luckily, it's all during the school day. Mike doesn't understand why I find it so important that all of the kids play an instrument. I just think it makes you such a well rounded individual. Anyway, he'll be starting that in a couple of weeks. He's excited.

The basement is killing me. It's taking way longer than I ever anticipated. It would have gone faster if I had used latex paint instead of oil based. I will be using latex paint on the main living part of the basement. I'm really looking forward to getting it done. I've been given an unofficial deadline of Saturday and I think I just might pull it off. Fingers seriously crossed. I am excited about how it's turning out, though.

I reunited with a college friend, Melisa, on Facebook a couple of months ago. She's way out in Oregon now, but her parents still live in the Kansas City area and she came to visit this past weekend. We were able to get together for lunch on Friday. It was really awesome to catch up with her. It was like we had been in touch for the last ten years, which we hadn't. Yet another reason to love Facebook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that's why you haven't posted anything to the blog in a while. Sounds pretty crazy there. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Barbara said...

I left out all of the stuff about gymnastics, TKD, jiu jitsu and football! LOL!

debbie said...

Good grief, Barb. You are a busy lady. I used to do the room mom thing every other year for Emma. I haven't for Mary Rose. She couldn't care, I don't think. It's funny how each kid is different.

Good for Jacob learning the violin. I like the kids to play an instrument too. I hope he likes it.