Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jacob's Birthday and Broken Washers

Jacob proclaimed this year his best birthday ever. He got to go on a playdate with his friend Matthew and they went swimming for about 2 1/2 hours. We then went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and then saw The Dark Knight. I didn't think it was all that great a movie, but the boys loved it. We got home pretty late but still managed to sneak in cake and a round of Happy Birthday. I'm glad he enjoyed his day.

Jacob wanted to have a sleepover birthday party this year. I thought that was a nice idea since Daniel's turned out so well. We've often had problems with Jacob's parties because kids are on summer vacation and the attendance isn't so good. We decided to invite 10 boys and hope that half could come.

I was a little discouraged for Jacob when the first 2 responses came back no. Then, to my shock and horror, all of the rest of the responses have come back yes. Crap. So, we'll have 8 little boys plus my 3 here on Friday night. Where the heck am I going to put them all!?! I am freaking out a little, but I think it'll be okay since Jacob hangs with a good group of boys. I guess we'll see how I feel at 9am on Saturday morning when all of the boys have left.

Mike did some laundry last night and I noticed that there was water coming out of the bottom of the washer. Ugh. I hate calling people to come fix stuff. I texted Roxanne to see if she knew any good repair guys and she said that they do a lot of that stuff themselves. Ugh again. I randomly called people in the phone book and got someone that could come over today. Cool. He came in and quickly diagnosed the problem. Broken pump. He quoted me a price and went out to his van to get the part. He came back and told me that ours has the super deluxe extra special pump in it that's more than double what he quoted me, but he'll do it for what he said. Nice. He was in and out in about 40 minutes.

The best part is that he fixed the problem of the washer not spinning unless you lift the lid for no charge! Awesome.

3 comments:

debbie said...

I had to laugh, Barb. I did the same thing when Emma was in kindergarten. I invited 18 kids to her party and I think they all came! It wasn't an overnight though. You are a brave woman!

Barbara said...

I also figured that with Webelos camp starting on Sunday, some parents wouldn't want their kids to come because that's a lot! Nope. Should be interesting.

Susy said...

lol You're gonna go insane, Barb! I had to buy a shop vac because of our stupid washer. Just ended up getting a new one. Glad yours is fixed.