Friday, July 18, 2008

Hannah

Hannah saw the ENT again today. He said that she must have just been having a good day the last time he saw her because her ears are bad again. Sooo, we scheduled her Myringotomy with Tympanostomy Tubes (ear tubes) and Adenoidectomy for July 31st. The ENT said that the tubes should last about 2 years (there are 6 month, 2 and 5 year tubes) and she needs to be seen every 6 months to check her progress. The surprise here is that she has to have her adenoids out. The ENT thinks that those are why her ears are clogged and aren't draining. He also said that it should help considerably with her asthma. She's scared about it all but the ENT told her that she gets to have ice cream after (I thought that was for tonsils!) so she's excited about that.

I hope this works.

3 comments:

debbie said...

Bless her heart. I'm sure it will go fine. I suppose you'd better stock the freezer with ice cream. The doctor said so.

Susy said...

Barb, she'll be fine after the tubes. I don't have my adenoids, and I don't miss them. Those are up in your sinuses, so I'm not sure how that's going to help the asthma and why she gets ice cream, but yay her! It will help if she snores, though. Good luck, Hannah!

Barbara said...

I knew you had tubes but I didn't know you were missing your adenoids. Huh. You learn something new everyday!

I think the ice cream was just to make her have a little something to look forward to at the end of the surgery. Her adenoids are blocking all drainage and the ENT thinks that when she can have everything drain and she can breathe, it'll help with the asthma. I was told that by a doctor friend at TKD last night, too.