Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh, My Am I Sore

I had my first Gracie Jiu Jitsu class at our TKD school tonight. This was only the 5th class that they've had so I haven't missed much. What was interesting, to me, was the fact that some of the ground moves that we learned were easier to do with a heavier partner. I was paired with Roxanne for most of the evening and there was a move where we had to push our partner up with our knees and get our hips off of the floor. I couldn't do it with her but had no problems pushing up Master Dave. "See! I told you that you could do it!" is what he told me. I really struggled with the standing move that we learned and still don't really get it. Because I'm short, I really have to bend my knees down to get the right effect and I keep forgetting to do that. I did manage to make Stephen's face turn bright red several times (while he's trying to yell, "that's NOT it!").

Anyway, I had a great time even though my muscles are pretty wobbly. I'm feeling muscles I've never felt before. And, yes, I've actually signed up to continue.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll get better. One day soon, it will just click. I'm glad you seemed to enjoy it.

Barbara said...

It was really a lot of fun! It's completely different from TKD in that there are no forms. It's all learning how to defend yourself from an attacker.

Susan said...

hehehehe

Glenn said...

what was the standing move you were trying to do?

Barbara said...

It was a neck hold.