Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

I always confuse St. Patrick's Day with the Ides of March. Oh well.

Dad came and spent the weekend with us...I guess he left a little before 3am this morning in an effort to avoid the storm that was heading this way. It started raining at about 6am and really hasn't stopped. For a while, we had some good thunderstorms but now it's straight rain. The weather radio went off around noon telling us that there's a flood warning. I can definitely see why. It's only been raining for a few hours now but I'm already tired of it. It's that nasty, cold rain. I hate that.

Last night, the kids were bargaining for new Game Boy/DS games. After some "negotiating," Daniel looks at Dad and says, "do you want a Game Boy? I'll give you this one for $35!" Amazingly, that's about how much a new DS game costs. LOL! We had a good, long laugh over that.

We braved the rain to get some groceries this afternoon. I decided to order Hannah's cake while we were at the store. We were looking through the catalog when the bakery manager asked if she could help. I told her that Hannah was looking for a cake and that she wasn't having any luck (princess cakes? No. Dora? No. This went on and on.). The manager asked what Hannah likes. I told her that she loves Littlest Pet Shop but I'm sure they don't have that. She says they do. When we found the photo of it, Hannah's face lit up and she started screaming, "yes! That's it!" So, we ordered her Littlest Pet Shop cake for Saturday and Hannah couldn't be more happy about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And dodge the storm I did! Something about going through the whole Kansas City metropolitan area at a legal speed limit (cruise control is awesome) with nobody on the road except the whole graveyard shift of police from both Kansas and Missouri in attendance. Across the top of Missouri and through Illinois with minimum traffic even through Springfield. I got home about an hour before the storm hit, but by then I had crashed in the bed. J.C. let me sleep for three hours before head-butting me awake shortly after 2PM. Everything's soggy outside, but I'm holed up for the duration.

(^_^)

Dad

Barbara said...

It's finally stopped raining here and the sun's trying to peek out but it's not happening. Maybe now the backyard lake can receed a little.

Anonymous said...

And, for our weather report. Right now it's a very fine mist. But, we're expecting snow tomorrow. They're not saying how much because they don't know where it will hit. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Glad to hear that Hannah got the "perfect" cake for her birthday party.

Susy said...

There's a high pressure area over Des Moines

Barbara said...

Big fish in Iowa!

Anonymous said...

LOL!