Monday, March 10, 2008

Passover Prep

Yesterday was our last day of Sunday School before Spring Break (yes, we take a Spring Break). After dropping the kids off in their classes, I headed over to the Gift Shop (for those that aren't Jewish, yes, we have a gift shop...many synagogues do) to check out the new stuff. There were also signs everywhere that said that all Passover stuff was 20% off. Nice. I stop at the table outside and see that they have a few family Haggadahs (think of it as a script for the seder). That might be nice to have for the kids, so I head inside to see if they have any others.

I'm immediately jumped on by a nice lady from the Women's Club that just would not let me look in peace. Oh well. She was actually very helpful. She asks if I'm looking for a new Haggadah and I say that I'm not sure, but I'd like something that's a little more kid-friendly. I pick up a family Haggadah that I, kind of, liked when she places a pamphlet-looking thing in my hand.

"We just got these in! If you have kids, this would be perfect! I can't wait to use mine this year and my kids are all grown!" She tells me.

I look at the "pamphlet" and realize that it's actually a Haggadah. I start to laugh when I see the name: 30 Minute Seder...The Haggadah That Blends Brevity With Tradition.

"I know," she says. "I laughed, too. But it hits all of the highlights and important things and nothing else. Your little ones should love it!"

I take a look inside. It does, indeed, hit everything that we need: the plagues, the 4 questions, the symbols and even has some songs. It's written in big print and has lots of pictures. It's also written from front to back instead of back to front (which is always confusing for me and for the kids!) Okay, I'm sold. I grab five of them. And some placemats for the kids to color (that also are part of the 30 Minute Seder line of stuff).

So, we'll be doing a 30 Minute Seder this year. LOL! For anyone interested, you can check out their website by clicking right here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, we don't get out for Spring break until the Thursday before Good Friday.

Your 30 Minute Seder stuff looks cool.

Barbara said...

Our Spring Break starts this week and all of next week. We go back the day after Easter.

Oh, Deb...I got a cricket keeper...not sure if it's any better than what we had but the crickets are certainly happier! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it have the tubes? Just pull one out and tap the crickets out.

Barbara said...

It does, but I actually had a cricket hop out of the tube and off of my head earlier today! LOL! He's now hanging out somewhere in Jacob's room. I know, you have to cover the other end.

Anonymous said...

The 30 minute Seder merchandise is great. I'm going to order some for our Seder, provided I can't get it at one of our stores.

the Joneses said...

We have fond memories of Seders at your house. (Did we come for only one, or two of them?) I hope your 30-minute seder is a hit with the kids. Maybe I'll take a look at it; it would be interesting to go through with our own kids.

-- SJ

Barbara said...

We also have wonderful memories of the seders at our house. That is part of the whole experience...being surrounded by family and friends that may as well be family. We miss you all!