Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring!

How do you spend a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky and temps in the upper 60's? And to top it off, it's the first day of Spring? Well, we went to the zoo! Okay, so the KC Zoo isn't Brookfield or anything, but it's way above average.

First, we take a photo so that if anyone gets lost, I know exactly what everyone's wearing.

Oh look! There's a peacock! He looks like he's waiting to be served!

Who wants to ride the carousel? This is always fun!

There's that peacock again. Now he's just showing off!

Let's feed some animals! What a big girl Hannah is! No tears and no freaking out. This is a first.
We want to feed them, too!
I see the Discovery Barn! Let's check it out.
Say cheese!
Look, Mom! There's a meerkat standing next to me!
Awwww. Look at the cutie lemurs.
Can we go out and play in the big tree, Mom?
What? I'm just climbing.
The train looks like a lot of fun.
Okay, but you have to obey the rules.
Whatever, Mom. Let's go!
I just want to sip my drink and enjoy the ride.
Now that we've finished our ride, let's head over to the Africa exhibit. It's a long walk over this bridge. Hannah! Don't even think about crossing that rope!
Ummm...where did you say we were? Africa? We thought the zoo was in Missouri!
Hey! We know that sign!
Look everyone! It's Pumbaa! (and not Timon like someone tried to correct me and I finally had to walk away because I was not going to get into a Lion King argument with some random guy at the zoo)
What a great time we had at the zoo. We can't wait to go back when they've finished the otter exhibit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time at the zoo.

It may be spring but we're expecting up to 10 inches of snow today.

Enjoy your weather while it lasts.

Susy said...

Timon is a meerkat, everyone knows that! (His voice is done by Nathan Lane, who has way more hair than any man should)

Barbara said...

While we have a cold front coming through, we're only forecasted to drop into the 40's. Not nearly cold enough for snow, let alone 10 inches. Good luck with that! LOL!

Sue...I have to say that I was a little worried that you'd come on here and tell me that I was wrong about the Timon/Pumbaa thing. LOL! I knew I had it right because when the movie first came out, I learned that meerkats (which Timon is) are tall and skinny, just like a "T" that is at the beginning of his name. "P" is a fat letter, just like Pumbaa. Stupid, yes, but it works for me, so lay off! LOL! I just couldn't believe this guy was arguing with me about it! LOL!