Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Just Checking In

It's been so crazy around here that I've hardly had time to breathe much less blog.

After Sunday school, I took the kids up to the pumpkin patch while Mike stayed home to manage his fantasy football team (here's to you, Mr. Fantasy-Football-Manager-Guy). Of course, taking the kids out into the middle of a big pumpkin field the day after about 3 inches of rain may not have been the best idea in the world, but they had fun. I'm now considering opening our own pumpkin patch here at the house since we have about 15 pumpkins and/or gourds decorating the front of the house. Why in the world do we need that many pumpkins?

Yesterday, I decided I was tired of the pigsty that our house had become and cleaned. I waited until after Hannah went to school (partly because she had gymnastics in the morning and I had to do some grocery shopping if we wanted to eat at all this week) to begin the cleaning. I had hoped to get the whole house done but was only able to achieve a state of clean on the first floor. I guess it's better than nothing.

This morning I had my Bible study, which I'm loving every minute of. I found a Mom's Devotional Bible at Borders that is really awesome. It caught the attention of our study leader, who took off with it for most of the class (she'd give it back when we needed to look something up but would then ask to borrow it again). We had an interesting discussion on the Apocrypha (Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, Baruch, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees). One girl asked the question that if the Scriptures cannot be added to or taken away from, how come they are not included in all Bibles? Can anyone give a good explanation as to how they are/are not the Word of God? We just kept going in circles.

The boys had early release (have I mentioned just how much I HATE early release days?) and we scheduled a Go See It! for Daniel's Cub Scout Den at a local farmstead. The kids had a great time but I had absolutely no interest. I do have to say that it was nice to get to know some of the other moms a little better.

Then, we had Tae Kwon Do. I've got to tell you, this pace is beginning to wear more than a little thin. I need a break. We got invited to a playgroup tomorrow but I don't think we'll be attending. I just need a day to hang out at the house and catch up on laundry. Plus, it's supposed to storm tomorrow and I'd really like to sit back and enjoy the weather.

So, that's about it from here. I'm so freaking tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're carrying a full load. It's a good idea to make some time just for you to relax and don't worry about cleaning. It doesn't go away so get to it when you can.

It sounds like the kids are having a good time though. Active kids are happy kids.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Bobbi (Hi, Bobbi!), you can't spread yourself too thin.

The pumpkin patch sounds fun. We went to the pumpkin farm on Saturday. We didn't pick them though. I brought home 4 pie pumpkins and made some puree and some pumpkin butter.

I'm so glad you are enjoying your Bible study. I'm not sure about the Apocrypha, I've never read any of those books, but I do know that any time you have questions that lead you to scripture it's a great thing.

the Joneses said...

Seeing as Darren's gone through seminary and is a deacon and all, I'll bet he can give me an answer to the Apocrypha question. (I ought to know it myself already, but I sort of keep forgetting.)

-- SJ

Barbara said...

I would love to hear Darren's take on it! I've been waiting for you to check in on this! I almost directed this question straight to you and Darren to begin with! :)