Monday, October 01, 2007

Happy October

Raise your hand if you think this year's going by too fast. I know my hand is up.

I finally got around to draining the pool (okay, so it's still draining). I know...I know. They were actually in it on Saturday, so I don't feel too bad about it. It seems like every time I'd get set to drain it, it would be close to 90 degrees outside. Oh well. What's strange is that it seems to take longer to drain than it did to fill. Once it does finally drain completely and dry out, I have to figure out exactly where to store the thing for next year.

Over the weekend, a new family moved into the repo house behind us. It looks like they have some kids (around the same ages as mine)...hopefully the kids will have some new playmates. We haven't been over to introduce ourselves yet, but we will.

Hannah went to a princess dress up party last Friday, hosted by a girl at my MOPS table, and had a great time. The cool part, for me, was the fact that I was able to sit around and talk to other moms. It felt a lot like a MOMS Club event in Virginia. A bunch of us decided to start a Friday morning playgroup for the kids beginning this coming Friday. I am really looking forward to it. They have also started a MOPS Bible Study on alternate Tuesday mornings. That starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that as well. Here are a couple of photos from the party...



Mike and Jacob are busily getting ready for their camp out this Friday. This one is just for Jacob's den. Should be a lot of fun for the two of them. Daniel has said that he thinks it would be cool if Jacob would catch a seal while fishing (they're going to do some fishing while they're there). Daniel, Hannah and I are planning on going bowling as a special treat while they are camping. They all just love to go bowling. The following weekend, there's a Cub Scout district-wide family camp out. We're all planning on attending that one. It's been a long time since I've been camping (9 years to be exact) and I know that the kids have never been. Mike and I are hoping that we can get into the camping thing and start doing that as a family thing in the summer. I don't know if we'd ever get to the point where we'd get a camper/pop-up or anything (my nod to Deb and family...you guys are hard core campers that would put us to shame...although, if you have any tips, I'd be happy to take them) but it would be fun to be able to go out and camp now and then. Even if we just set up the tent in the backyard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Barb, I wouldn't concider myself a hardcore camper. Especially concidering we have heat, air, a toilet and hot water. I love camping. Air mattresses are nice. They get you up off the ground. Bring some sort of something that you girls can, um, pee in and toilet paper. It can be a coffee can with a lid that you can throw away later but a late night potty run isn't fun. Bring extra socks and sweats to sleep in this time of year. Baby wipes. Lots of them.

Will you have electric if Hannah has to have a breathing treatment?

Anonymous said...

Camping is great. We love it and are hoping you and the kids will love it as well. Debbie's got some great ideas. I may even use them the next time we're camping. Just remember to relax and enjoy.

Love the pictures of Hannah at the party. She's such a cutie.

Barbara said...

That's a good question, Deb. I'll have to look into that.

Anonymous said...

...but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

(^_^)