Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What The (Insert Your Favorite Expletive Here)?!?

I've seen a lot of things in the front yard...bunnies, squirrels, dogs, cats, cats chasing bunnies, deer, grasshoppers as big as your head...but I've never before seen what I saw last night. I went to take Oriana out, opened the front door, and there, just standing in our front yard, were two (yes two) coyotes. Luckily, Oriana didn't see them, and they didn't see her, but I just stood there, frozen. It was a mixture of awe and fear that came over me...I couldn't shut the door and just stared. They looked up at me, looked at each other and then walked off between my neighbors' houses across the street. And, before you ask, yes. They were coyotes. Not dogs. I've been to enough wildlife parks and whatnot to know what they look like. I also know that they are not necessarily uncommon around here. They were beautiful, but I don't know if I really want to see them in the front (or back) yard again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool!

Susan said...

I wouldn't worry that much, Barb. We used to have them follow us while we were walking at Carson. They'd be literally about 20 feet away. Don't look them in the eye (it's a challenge) and you should be okay.

Barbara said...

It just caught me so off-guard. I hadn't expected to see a couple of coyotes hanging out in my front yard!