Thursday, September 27, 2007

Premiere Week

I was actually excited for this year's TV Premiere Week. It helps a lot that I have the Tivo and can watch shows that I would have otherwise missed. Actually, I don't know if it's necessarily a good thing, but it's been fun to have new stuff to watch. The only problem with new stuff is getting through the first few episodes. The pilots and the few episodes that follow are usually annoying in the way they try to get you to know the characters. It's also hard because you don't know which ones are going to be cancelled mid season. However...

Last night was the big night for me. I had Private Practice, Life and Dirty Sexy Money recorded. After the kids went to bed, I holed myself up in the basement and hit "play."

Private Practice was up first. I just don't know about this one. Because of the way they began this show last season on Grey's, I already knew the characters. I just don't know if I like them. I've never been a huge Addison fan and that may be my hang up with it. I was happy to see that they got rid of the talking elevator lady.

Life. I will fully admit that the only reason I watched this show is because of Damian Lewis (love him!). I liked this one but they made his character very strange. Of course, it's understandable but he's a little crazy. I have a feeling that he'll get less crazy as the season goes on but I don't know. I did laugh every time they showed him in his car saying, "I am not attached to this car. I am not attached to this car." It was also funny to see him trying to deal with technology that wasn't around 12 years ago. I hope they don't play on that for too long, though. It could get really old, really fast. I have a feeling I'm going to get all into this show and it'll be cancelled.

Dirty Sexy Money. I recorded this one on a whim. It turned out to be my favorite of the night. I love Donald Sutherland and William Baldwin. And, you know I'm going to be partial to any show with a former cast member (okay, guest star) of Grey's. If you watched it last night, you would have seen Dr. Hahn playing the mother of Brian Darling's illegitimate son. It took me a minute to place her without the scrub cap. LOL! Of the three, I really think that this one may be the only one left standing come May. I may have just jinxed it by writing it, but it was absolutely the most fun show of the night...even though it's a drama.

Tonight...

Of course it's the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. Episode 401 A Change Is Gonna Come. I will admit that I'm really nervous since there was so much change at the end of the season. I'm also not very happy about Lexi Grey becoming a permanent cast member. Anyway, I'm going to wait until the kids are good and asleep before attempting to watch. Thank goodness for Tivo!

No comments: