Friday, September 21, 2007

Sicky McSickmeister

I've been feeling pretty wonky this week. It started Monday and has gotten progressively worse as the week has continued. I learned my lesson from last fall's sinus infection that I let go for too long and hauled my behind into the doctor this afternoon. Actually, it wasn't exactly the doctor, but the nurse practitioner at the Walgreen's Clinic.

I arrived around 12:20 (after dropping Hannah off at preschool) and there was no wait. They immediately called me in and she started looking me over. She gets to my nose and immediately says that my nose is desperately sick. She types up a prescription and tells me to also pick up some Mucinex-D from the pharmacist and I'll be good to go. I walk out and over to the pharmacy section. They tell me 15 minutes (it was more like 5). I walked out of Walgreen's with a diagnosis and prescription in hand at 12:50. Too sweet.

I tell you what, that Mucinex is some awesome stuff. I came home to take a short nap and I could just hear the popping in my nose as it began to open up. Gross? Yes. But it feels so much better. So, I guess that sinus infections are my new fall thing. That sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know that you got something that actually works. I think that I have a bit arthritis around my left wrist, thumb, and index finger knuckle. I got some "Activon" at Walgreen's and surprise! It works! Now if they would make those commercials a little less ammoying...

Oh, and the new season of "Avatar" starts this evening on Nick around seven or so (check your tv guide).
Keep the kids out of trouble for a while on a Friday evening.

Barbara said...

It's not the Activon commercials that are bad...it's the Headon ones. Apply directly to the forehead! LOL!

Mike's taking the boys out for a Boys' Night Out tonight so they won't be troubling me anyway! But we've kind of fallen out of Avitar. Too bad because I didn't mind watching that one.