Monday, September 03, 2007

Fall Baking

Okay...so it's technically still summer, but I've been bitten by the baking bug. I'm all into apple recipes right now, which will soon give way to pumpkin recipes. I've stumbled upon a treasure trove of recipes that I can't wait to try and I'm quite sure Mike will be bringing tasty leftovers to work soon (there's only so many cupcakes you can eat!)

Last Friday, Hannah and I made an apple upside down cake that was awesome. It was probably the first time that I've ever baked anything that looked almost exactly like the photo (the only difference was that they fanned out their apples and I just dumped them in the bottom of the pan).

Today, we've made apple cupcakes with apple cream cheese frosting. So freaking yummy. Jacob said that they were all he wanted to eat today...Daniel proclaimed them the best cupcakes he's ever had. One of the best parts to all of this is the house now smells like a bakery! Love that.

Now, if I could just figure out how to get my challah to rise with raisins in it. Why won't it rise?!? It's really starting to piss me off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy.

Is your yeast ok? I had to buy new yeast because I was having a problem with my bread rising too.

Barbara said...

You know, I never thought about the yeast. LOL! Seriously. I was thinking that the raisins had some sort of reaction. I betcha it is the yeast.