Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Sense of Accomplishment

I'm actually amazed at just how productive I am with the kids in school. I don't know why I don't get much done with the boys here, but it seems that nothing gets done with them here. Like yesterday...

I dropped the boys off at school and came home. I got laundry in the washer and began cleaning up. By noon, I had 2 loads done and put away, the first and second floors cleaned, vacuumed and mopped and was on my way to the grocery store. By 3pm, I had a load of towels done, groceries put away, a cake baked and frosted and the day's dishes washed.

There was a monarch fluttering around in my flowers yesterday. He was out there for a good 20 minutes and Hannah and I had a great time watching. No eggs or caterpillars yet, but there is still time.

Our hummingbird is still hanging around. He was mad at me yesterday for changing out the stuff in the feeder. He hovered where the feeder normally is until I came back out and then buzzed me a couple of times. LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a question for you - me and the boys were at my mom's pool and a butterfly wouldn't leave us alone - he was black and white striped - I have never seen anything like it. Any ideas?

Barbara said...

I don't know...you can try looking it up at

www.butterflywebsite.com

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Ok - I found him - thought I would pass this along to you:

The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly (Eurytides marcellus, other authorities list the species under genera in the family including Iphiclides, Graphium and Papilio) is a swallowtail butterfly found in the eastern United States, north-east Mexico and south-east Canada. Its distinctive black and white-striped pattern is reminscient of a zebra. Asimina triloba (the common pawpaw tree) is the only larval host of the Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly.

The Zebra Swallowtail Butterfly is also the official state butterfly of Tennessee