Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weekend Update

Wow it's been a few days since I've posted. Sorry about that. Mike's been home on vacation this week, so that's thrown things a bit. It has been nice to have him home, though.

When we came back from Nebraska, I went around and checked all of my plants. The ones that are planted in the ground were doing fine, the potted ones were a little wilty but it was nothing that a little water wouldn't fix. I was looking at my tomatoes and my cherry tomato plants were light on leaves. I looked down on the deck and saw all of these little poopies all over the deck. Ugh. Tomato hornworms. I searched and searched, but couldn't find any. Hannah comes out and spots one. Then another, and another. She found four and I managed to find 2. One was huge. Almost 6 inches long. Little bastards.

Hannah's still set on quitting ice skating. That's okay. Not only would it make my life so much easier, but then I wouldn't have to deal with her teacher anymore. I really don't like this lady. I don't think she's very good with kids in general and she never seems to want to be there. Thursday, Hannah fell while walking out and was crying...her teacher walked her to me and says, "she fell. I didn't see it." Then she walked away. Miss Charmin (yes, her name is Charmin), one of Hannah's teachers last spring and one of the heads of the rink, knows how much I hate this lady but there's not much she can do. I think there's only 3 more classes and then we're done. Hooray.

Hannah's really jumped into her new gymnastics and has said that's all she wants to do. She's discovered that she can do front rolls and does them all over the house. On Friday, they were working on hand stands and has been doing those wherever she can find an empty wall (they start out by walking their feet up a wall and holding them there). She's at the point (after only one day) where she can hold herself up really well. She's too cute. I am so glad that she's enjoying it and the bonus is she's learning a lot. I did have to laugh yesterday. We were driving down 151st, heading to class. 151st is a major road (think War Memorial, Knoxville, University...or for those of you in VA, Jubal Early or Pleasant Valley), of course, all of the roads here are major roads like that, unless you're in a subdivision. Anyway, we're driving along and there's a woman walking along the sidewalk. As she's walking, she's waving to every car that passes. I don't know why I found it so funny...I guess I could never imagine myself walking down University, waving at everyone.

Tomorrow is Jacob's birthday. Eight years old. Where has the time gone? We're having his party at the bowling alley and a lot of his friends are coming. He's really excited. Once again, everyone RSVP'd and we only had 2 "no" responses. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Mike and I are going out for dinner tonight. Paige, a girl from Tae Kwon Do, is babysitting for us. It's so funny how much effort we've put into cleaning the house for a 15 year old. LOL! The kids are excited (they love babysitters) and Mike and I are looking forward to getting out for the first time in a while.

So, I guess that's it from here. Boy, this week's been pretty boring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then I guess that playing air guitar at the corner of University and War Drive is out of the question?

I'm on a "Harry Potter" break right now.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

The lady waving wasn't like that crazy guy who meanders down War Memorial with his walkman, talking to himself and yelling obsenities at cars. She was just a lady walking down the street...waving. LOL!

How's your Harry Potter?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob!!!

LOL, I was thinking of that guy too. Long gone are the days when he used to carry a really big boom box.

We used to have a crossing guard at the middle school who waved at everyone. He retired this year and I really miss him. Jeff used to call him "Wavy Gravy". I saw him a couple of months ago at the Kennel Lake fish fry and told him I missed him and I thought he was about to cry.

Sorry about the tomato hornworms. I haven't had those in a while. They are soooo creepy. When I did have them, I just picked them off and squished them and that was that.