Saturday, July 28, 2007

Butterflies Galore

This made me so made last night. I thought that the storm was heading for us but it moved just south. Jacob and I watched as it passed by litterally at the end of our subdivision. Luckily, it began raining a little later and we ended up with about .75" of rain.
I think that it's becoming butterfly season. We're definately seeing more and more in the yard. I took a picture of the two that I saw this afternoon. I'm not sure what kind this is but I think it's an Orange Sulfur butterfly. I can't be sure, though, since I didn't get a good picuture of it's wings open. I was actually surprised at how close it let me get. It really loved the Black-eyed Susans. This one, I think, is a Silvery Checkerspot. It was eating the clovers in the yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're seeing more here too. August is crazy with them.