Sunday, May 20, 2007

Randomness For A Sunday

We decided to have steaks on the grill last night for dinner. I have to admit that it's the second time this week that we've grilled steaks for dinner. When we went up to the store to get the steaks, they also had some great artichokes, so I got some of those too. Those are mighty tasty grilled. A little balsamic, a little lemon, a little olive oil = yummy! And Oriana enjoyed her steak bone. Tonight, it's BBQ pork chops and grilled asparagus. MMMMMMmmmmm!

Last night, I decided that I was tired of looking at the baskets of clothes in our closet...plus, I couldn't find a lot of my summer stuff, so I went a little laundry crazy. Anyone who knows me knows that I'd rather scrub toilets all day than do laundry, so this is huge. A lot of our summer stuff went straight from boxes into laudry baskets when we moved in, so I guess this is the final push to get unpacked. LOL! I am already on load 4 of 7 and everyone has their own laundry basket at the top of the stairs. As soon as the clothes get out of the dryer, they are sorted into their corresponding basket for folding/hanging. It's actually a nice system that I may start using. The kids can hang their own stuff up or put it in their drawers. I don't think that's asking too much of them.

Today is the 50th anniversary of the Ruskin Heights F5 tornado that went for 71 miles through Kansas and Missouri and killed 41 people. A lot of the pictures from the aftermath look almost exactly like Greensburg. Scary. If anyone's interested, here's a link to photos and the story...Ruskin Heights Tornado

Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments: