Monday, May 07, 2007

Random Post For A Monday

Sue started something with her hummingbird feeder. We got one last week and Jacob has been watching that thing like a hawk. We had one hummingbird buzz it a couple of times and even tried to drink from it. That was Friday. We hadn't seen him again and Jacob was upset. We decided to try to change out the stuff inside to see if that would help. It was only after taking the thing apart to refill it that I realized that I had put it together wrong. I'm guessing the hummingbirds couldn't get to the stuff inside. So, we put it back outside and Jacob resumed waiting for "Jim" (that's what he named the hummingbird).

Between thunderstorms yesterday, I looked out at it and saw Jim buzz the feeder. I called Jacob and he was mad because Jim was gone. Another minute later, Jim came back and ate for about 5 minutes. It began raining again so Jim took off but Jacob was happy that Jim had gotten a bite to eat.

At some point, someone discovered a bottle of super glue in a drawer. Hannah thought it was nail polish (I didn't realize I bought the kind with a brush) and tried painting her nails with it. Jacob discovered what she was doing and closed up the bottle, but it was too late. Luckily, her fingers didn't get stuck together but she had super glue all over her fingers...and she was not happy about it.

A little while later, I guess Daniel discovered the glue and tried doing something with it. I only discovered what he had been doing after he was trying to wash it off. Sorry buddy, super glue has to wear off, it certainly doesn't wash off. So, at the end of the night, 4 of the 5 of us had super glue on their hands (I got some on me when I discovered what Daniel was doing). Ugh.

No comments: