Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Quick Poll

Since we're coming up on the end of the school year, the kids are coming home with lots and lots of stuff they've done over the year. Both of the boys brought home a lot of art. Jacob has a cool butterfly he made with pastels and Daniel has a very nice sponge painted flower that made it into the art show. Here's what I'd like to do: frame them and hang them in the living room. Mike has no problems framing and hanging them, but he has a problem with the placement. He wants to hang them in the basement (family room). I think that, especially framed, they'd look awesome out where everyone that comes in can see. What do you think?

Here's Jacob's butterfly


And Daniel's flower

10 comments:

Weekends Off said...

They are both really cool, my favorite is the butterfly. I think they'd look great framed and I can only imagine how proud they will be to see their art put up on display and for everyone to notice!

You should have them autograph them like artists before you frame them!

Anonymous said...

I can't be objective. I have 3 pieces of art, unframed, on my living room wall. I have seen shows where they have framed kids' artwork and it was beautiful.

Barbara said...

You should see how proud they were just talking about framing them!

Anonymous said...

The butterfly speaks to the horror of our own mortality, frame the flower.

Barbara said...

Ken, you're a nerd! LOL!

They're both getting framed...where do you think they should be hung? Basement family room or living room?

Anonymous said...

I think they should be where everyone can see them - and maybe Hannah could even make something and you can include her pciture as well. Just a thought.

Barbara said...

I was thinking that too, Michelle. She actually has a few things that she's made at MOPS that I can frame up as well.

Hey, your big day is tomorrow! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Matthew! I bet Jonathan's all excited to be a big brother! :)

the Joneses said...

Seriously, I see pictures like that in Better Homes and Gardens all the time, hung in designer living rooms. They're usually done by adults and described as "vibrant" and "whimsical." Much better to have authentic children's art. I say, living room!

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Hey Sara, did you ever get your postcard thing done? I'd love to see a picture of it. Also, did I send you a postcard recently? If I didn't, I know I meant to.

Unknown said...

Hawk - the flower is too falic and objectifies women. Not that I am not ok with that, but I have Hannah's feelings to consider.