Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh What Fun

So, I'm sitting at the computer this afternoon when my weather radio goes off. I figured that it was just some sort of test or maybe something with a thunderstorm. I did not expect to hear...

"The National Weather Service has issued a Tornado Warning, effective until 5:30"

Then, the phone rang. The Weather Channel telling me to get into the basement. WTF? I took a peek outside and heard the sirens going off and told the kids to head to the basement. I grabbed the weather radio and a flashlight and followed. We turned the TV on and started to watch the weather when Hannah starts freaking out that Guillermo's outside. So, yes, stupid me went outside to find Guillermo. He wasn't hard to find since he was panicking at the door. I don't know if he thought something was up but I was going to trust his instincts and head back into the basement. We stayed there until the radar said everything had passed.

So, we've survived our first tornado warning here in Kansas. Yay us!

No comments: