Monday, March 19, 2007

The Seed Is In!!!

Yay! I got all of the grass seed in and it is currently watering. I wanted to get it down today because it's supposed to rain off and on this week. So, I thought it would be perfect. This yard is seriously a mess. I'm a little concerned because Mike told me last night that the previous owners reseeded last fall and it didn't take. Hopefully, this'll work. I also did a light overseeding on the areas that currently have grass. Why is it that when you want grass to grow, it won't and when you don't (in flower beds and such) it grows like wildfire? LOL! If half of it takes, I think we'll be in good shape.

I don't know why the lawn bothers me so much. Maybe it's because we had the nicest lawn in the neighborhood (minus the ivy patch) in Virginia...ours was green when everyone else's was icky and brown. I just want a beautiful lawn!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's green you want, I can send you some creeping charlie cuttings.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

LOL! No...I want green and lush!

Anonymous said...

Fugetaboutit. You have small children. As long as your yard has dinosaur bones in it, it will get dug up on a regular basis. When the last leaves home, THEN you might get a chance to have a perfect lawn...until the grandkids come along.

Hehehehehehehe!

Anonymous said...

Barb, give it a chance. There are muddy, yucky areas in my lawn every spring and it fills in when it warms up a bit. We barely have dandelion plants emerging. When it takes off, it will take off. Your seeds will sprout and it will fill in.

Barbara said...

The kids are digging in the big "flower" bed in the back. Not in the grass. So far, there's always been a good place for them to dig (in VA, it was the patch by the mailbox)! :)

And yes, I know that there's muddy patches in most yards, but last spring, they overfertilized the whole yard and killed 40% of the front yard and 60% of the backyard grass. When it rains, we can't take the dog out the back door because of all of the mud. :(

I just feel bad for the girl two doors down with the two huge tire tracks in her freshly sprouted lawn. Poor girl...she's been working so hard on it for the past couple of weeks.