Saturday, March 24, 2007

Planting Seeds

Jacob needed something to fill his "guess jar" for school on Monday, and after a week of thinking, we decided on seed packets. Jacob asked if we could get some seeds to plant ourselves and I said yes. Jacob planted some moonflowers and foxgloves while I got "kid sized" sunflowers (they only get about 32" tall) and snapdragons for Daniel and Hannah to plant. They loved it. They were good at filling up the cups, putting a hole in, putting in the seeds and then covering them up. The only thing I did was water. I can't wait to see what pops up!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, Barb! We planted seeds today too. We planted marigolds and zinnias. We will plant morning glories tomorrow - the seeds need to soak overnight. Our spring seeds in the garden are comming up. We planted onions, beets, lettuce, spinach, sugar snap peas and carrots. The sugar snap peas and carrots haven't come up yet. We are also planting potatoes tomorrow. I love this time of year!

Barbara said...

Mom told me about your potatoes. I would have never thought to plant those! Good luck with your garden! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never planted them before but came across an article that showed how to build a bin that just takes up 4 square feet. I'll let you know how it goes.