Monday, February 19, 2007

It's Monday

And the kids don't have school. They've actually been really good considering they are usually ready to kill each other by the end of the weekend.

One of the best things about living in VA was the fact that I could go anywhere and get sweet tea. I miss that terribly. Thank goodness Sara taught me how to make it ("if you just add sugar to tea after it's already cold, it's just tea with sugar!" LOL!) because it's one of Jacob's favorite drinks. In the past two weeks, we've gone through gallons of the stuff. And it's just Jacob and me drinking it!

Speaking of attachments to Virginia...Jacob has completely broken my heart! LOL! We were watching the Bracket Busters on ESPN this weekend and had watched Southern Illinois beat Butler and were watching Bradley (GO BRAVES!) beat Virginia Commonwealth. Jacob comes in and starts rooting for Virginia! Booo! I told him that he was grounded and he told me that he'd root for any Virginia team. :( His words were like knives to my heart!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yabut Barb, Jacob has no connection with Peoria, but he does have with Virginia. So he would root for Virginia over Bradley. Wait until he goes to college and finds someone to REALLY root for.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

When he goes to college, I guess I'll have to root for whatever school he goes to! LOL! Same with Daniel and Hannah. That could get pretty confusing!

Anonymous said...

I saw that game on ESPN and I was rooting for VA too - tell Daniel I feel for him!!!

Barbara said...

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't think we can be friends anymore, Michelle.

BTW, how are you feeling?

Susan said...

Barb, your kids can only go to Bradley, right? lol

the Joneses said...

I am so PLEASED you know how to make REAL sweet tea! And that you remember that I said that! (Of course, I've said that many, many times in my life, but it's nice to know it stuck at least once.)

Our whole front yard iced over last week. I was absolutely amazed. I've never seen that before. I called my mom, and she was amazed, too. Just so you know that Southerners are still caught off-guard by winter weather.)

-- SJ

Barbara said...

Sara, how could I forget your look of shock and horror when I offered you a container of tea and the sugar bowl!?! LOL! You then proceeded to rescue the tea. ("It's still warm! It may be okay!") You then gave me the sweet tea lesson! I probably remember that as well as I remember you holding Hannah's pink dog hostage and sending a ransom note! LOL!!!!

So, you had an ice covered yard, huh? We've had that several times this winter! I hate ice.