Tuesday, February 06, 2007

It's A Heat Wave!!!!!

You know it's been cold when 40 degrees feels like a heat wave! LOL! Coats?!? Who needs one when it's so nice outside? It was so warm, I even had the window open in the van, and it felt nice. It's funny that it warmed up because I was talking with my friend, Sara, about temperatures this morning...how she was warned when she moved to VA that it snows there! LOL! I got so spoiled with winters in VA...so much warmer than what I was always used to. Especially coming out of Iowa where the temps this time of year is typically in the single digits. I don't know if it's just because I was formerly used to such cold weather, but I've managed to re acclimate pretty quickly.

I was finally able to get all of the salt off of the van today...it's just been way to cold to do it before now. The line at the car wash was long, but a clean van was worth the wait. We're supposed to get back into the 20's starting tomorrow, so it really had to be done today.

The boys have a physical with their new pediatrician this afternoon...Hannah has hers on Thursday. Luckily, the boys have early release today so I don't have to pull anyone out of school. Tomorrow should be fun...Daniel doesn't have school because of kindergarten round-up. Jacob's not happy about that because he has to go to school! He will get over it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* Low of 3 this morning. It's now 10 with a snow storm going. We have about 3" down now.
I got gas for the big snow thrower this morning on the way to work.

Barbara said...

Tee hee! Have fun with that!

Anonymous said...

You stink!

Susan said...

It was soooooo warm here. Yesterday it was mid 50's. LOL

Anonymous said...

OK. It took 4 passes to get the driveway clear last evening. The snowplow finally came by at 0-dark-30 and buried my trash cans without noticibly improving Lawndale Ave. It's 2 degrees here this morning. *mutter*

Anonymous said...

Just so you know - yesterday morning it was -8 with wind chill and today we have 2 inches of snow and it is in the single digits - we are now on day #5 of these temps.

So you still miss Virginia? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Sue, you stink too!

Barbara said...

If if makes you all feel better, it's 5 degrees outside with the windchill this morning. We ended up in the mid 50's yesterday. So nice!

Hey, Michelle, I hear that those 2 inches of snow closed Frederick County Schools. Babies! LOL!