Monday, January 22, 2007

Cooking Like A Fiend

I've been going a little crazy cooking the past couple of days. Yesterday, I made beef barley soup. I was able to do it in the crock pot because mine boils on low. Normally, that makes me mad but it was good in this case since I get nervous leaving it on the stove overnight. Daniel and Hannah proclaimed it tasty while Jacob decided that it was icky. Whatever. I thought it was a perfect dinner after a day of playing out in the snow. Today, I roasted some chickens. Mike walked in after work and began to pick at the meat still left after I carved them up. He told me that my chicken was better than Boston Market! Score! My table is in charge of bringing breakfast to MOPS tomorrow, so I had to put together some stuff. I had bought a Potluck cookbook at the book fair last week and put it to use twice tonight! I got a good fruit salad recipe (using cherry pie filling...yummy!) and I made a bacon and egg lasagna. This thing is certainly not low fat. 1 pound of bacon, a pound of swiss cheese, 1/3 cup of bacon drippings, 12 eggs...you get the picture. I didn't actually taste it so I'm hoping that it's edible! LOL!

Anyway, I've decided to start counting my points again since my fat pants don't fit very well anymore. :( Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wanna come cook for us? Everything makes me gag these days.

Anonymous said...

How did your casserole come out? Your fruit salad sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Relay cookbook you bought - my mother-in-law has been cooking up a storm from that book and everything has been very, very good!!!!

Barbara said...

The casserole turned out great! Everyone was asking me for the recipe...and the fruit salad was really tasty, too. It had a little of everything: pineapple, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges and grapes - along with the cherry pie filling. Yum!

Michelle...I was looking through the Relay cookbook and everything does look good! I'll have to try a few things from there.