Sunday, December 31, 2006

This, That and The Other...

Poor Mike...he's been sick for the past couple of days. He even stayed home from work on Friday (his last sick day was in 1996) so I knew it was serious. He wound up at the ER last night and they told him that he had a sinus infection and gave him an antibiotic. He dropped it off at CVS and headed home.

I really think that all pharmacies are out to get me because I head up to pick up the prescription about 45 minutes later. The pharmacy looks closed (the store itself was open). I see someone back there so I ask, "are you closed?" She says, "yep. We closed at 6." (it was 6:03 by their clock) I say, "but I needed to pick up a prescription." She says, "you'll have to come back tomorrow." Ummm...no. I head up to the front to find a manager or something. I find a shift supervisor. I really wanted to be mean and angry because that's what I was feeling at the time but decided to start off being as nice as I could be. I told her that I really needed to pick up a prescription for my husband and that we had no idea that the pharmacy closed at 6 (btw, the store is open until 10), was there anything she could do? She says that she'll get the prescription for me and calls over to the pharmacy. She tells them to get my prescription and that I'll be heading to the back. When I get back there, the tech comes out from behind the gates, rolling her eyes. The other tech keeps saying something about how they had already clocked out and that it was unfair. I guess the shift supervisor heard her because she came back and told both girls to go home...she'd take care of it. I thanked her and thanked her again and she told me that it wasn't a problem.

My question is, why would a store like CVS not have their pharmacy open the entire time the store is open? (This wasn't because of any holiday...it's their normal hours) I can see places like Target and WalMart closing their pharmacies...but they close later in the evening and they are stores that happen to have pharmacies in them. CVS is a pharmacy with a store in it.

So, Mike ends his year with a lovely sinus infection and I end it with a nice case of pink eye. Just dandy. Yesterday, I thought it was just a sty, but I woke up this morning and it was red and itchy. Ugh. I ran up to Walgreen's to get some pink eye medicine (the Similisan stuff is wonderful!) and not only was it cold outside, it was snowing! Grrr. It was in the 50's last night and suddenly, the temps dropped to the low 30's this afternoon. Because it's been so warm, none of it is sticking, except to cars and whatnot but it looks like it could get pretty icy out there. The snow has stopped for now but looks like it could start up again at any moment. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so freaking windy outside.

Hannah slammed her hand in the door yesterday. Whoever put the door leading from the house to the garage on springs was an idiot. I was waiting for someone to shut something in that door (I really thought that it would be me) and it finally happened. I've got to figure out how to change the hinges on the door to normal ones...it can't be that hard, can it?

Oh! I almost forgot...Lifetime is going to start reruns of Grey's Anatomy starting Sunday, January 7th at 11pm/10pm Central. They'll start with Season 1/Episode 1, A Hard Day's Night, so if you've never seen it, here's your chance!!! I know I'll be watching! :)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve...I'll talk to you all next year! LOL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Mike is sick. I hope that he's starting to feel better. As for the pharamacy hours, I really can understand why they are sometimes different than the store hours but if you are dropping off a rx for an antibiotic and they are closing early, they should remind you of that. I'm really glad that you got it anyway.

I got my nasal wash thingy at CVS I think it's called nasal cleanse. It really helps clear out that junk in your sinuses and makes your head feel so much better.

We went to Peoria yesterday and saw a car with KS plates and the license plate frame was from your town! Such a small world.

Anonymous said...

Mike and I have both been sick over the New Year than. Only I had the time off so I don't miss any work. Today I'm feeling pretty good...I think I'll take a nap after lunch.

On Grey's Anatomy. I have the season opener listed as coming on on the 11th. Right? I'll program your fix right now.

(^__^)

Oh, Walgreens Pharmacy on Florence & University had short hours a while ago because they were short a couple of pharmicists. I think they have wall to wall hours now though. I got a perscription yesterday although it was in the morning.

Barbara said...

LOL, Deb! There's a lot of dealerships around here...especially a Ford dealership that bears the town's name...that's probably what you saw.

Dad...it's still season 3, they were just on winter hiatus and hopefully, we'll have another long string of new episodes, but yes...it starts again on the 11th. And it looks really good, too! 8pm, Thursday, January 11.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Gotcha covered. It's episode 311 I guess.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that's what I saw too, Barb. It made me think of you, though.

Barbara said...

And you probably wouldn't have noticed it had we not lived here! LOL!!!