Monday, October 30, 2006

Manic Monday

19 Days until the Move

Jacob woke up with a horribly sore throat and a fever. I knew what he was feeling because I woke up with almost the same thing...just switch the fever for sore sinuses. Daniel was really upset that I kept Jacob home but was sending him to school. I told him that when he stayed home, Jacob had to go to school. He did not like that answer. Needless to say, he cried all of the way to the bus stop. I told him that he better come home from school with a better attitude or he was going to be spending the afternoon in his room. Luckily, he's come home in a good mood...so far.

I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time this morning. Ugh. All of the weight I lost last year is back...plus 4 pounds. So, I'm doing the Weight Watchers thing again. I'm not going to bother with the meetings...unless I really can't do it on my own. I've got all of the stuff from last time and I'm just going to count my points and see where it gets me. I just can't be a big tubby anymore. I was so close and I stopped. We're talking within 5 pounds of goal. 30 pounds was gone. I felt so good. And it was way past the point of being hard. Slipping starts innocently enough...a taco here, a piece of cake there. After a while, you don't even think about it anymore. So, here we go. I've done it before, I can do it again. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I'm in the same place. I know better. It makes me feel awful. Do you think that makes a difference? No.

I hope you and Jacob feel better soon. Lots of liquids, Sambucol and silver!

Barbara said...

Thanks Deb. The whole weight thing is just so frustrating!!! GRRRRRR