Monday, September 18, 2006

*Sigh*

The kids were refusing to go to bed last night. I'm way outnumbered and that, somehow, doesn't seem fair. I have to keep telling myself that they respond better when I say nothing to them and just act but it's so hard when it's close to two hours past their bedtime and they are still going. I have to figure something out.

I woke up this morning and it's like every part of my body is congested. I've been treating my "cold" for about a week now before making the realization that it's allergies. So, I'm a little slow. Now, I'm just waiting for the Claritin to kick in.

Daniel's going through this incredibly whiney stage where if something doesn't go his way, he makes this high pitched "uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" noise. It makes every hair on the back of my neck stick up. It started this morning when I accidentally gave him Raisin Bran instead of Honey Comb. I noticed the mistake as soon as I poured the milk but does that matter to him? No. I get the whiney machine. Yet another reason the kids need to go to bed when I tell them to.

Waiting for some contractors to show up to give us estimates. We get to replace some floor joists and the band board under the front door. I heard Mike saying something to one of the contractors yesterday...they were talking about bracing the house so that the floor joists could be replaced. Nice. And after all of that's done, we get to bring in the mold guy. If people would build houses the way that they are supposed to, we wouldn't have this problem.

Mike's going to start house hunting for us out in Kansas soon. I told him a month ago that I wouldn't mind if he went and looked for houses without me. At the time he told me that there was no way that was going to happen. Unfortunately, we can't get the logistics of me coming out there down so it looks like he'll have to do it alone. Oh well. He and I have the same taste in houses so I'm not worried. He's also going to make sure that I get pictures of the house before any offers go down, right honey? LOL! Seriously, I know he'll do a great job finding us a house.

No comments: