Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gonna Need a New Name for the Blog

Okay...it's official. We're moving. Ugh. Not again. Okay, so this makes move number 6 in 8 years for me. (from my parents house to the apartment, then to the townhouse, then to Buffalo Grove, then to Iowa, then to Virginia and now to Kansas - and I'm not including the interim moves to the 2 apartments - one in Dubuque and one in Herndon) September 1st is the official list date for the house. I'm hoping that we can get it ready in time. Actually, I know that we will. With the buyout in place, we will definately be in Kansas by the end of the year, if not earlier. The good news is that we are moving into one of the best school districts in the country and the housing market is so much more affordable there than it is here. Mike also tells me that the beef is outstanding there. He says that it tastes so awesome. I'm such a carnivore so I'm really looking forward to that.

I've been making cleaning plans! It'll be a lot easier since Mike's in town this week. Every day, we're going to take one room and blast it out. Hopefully, with Mike here, we can get two done per day. I fixed the three toilets yesterday (well, one I had fixed earlier) and tried to show Jacob how to do it. On the downstairs toilet, I replaced 90% of the innards of the toilet. Got it done in less than 45 minutes and it no longer drips! Yeah me!

So, I'm now taking entries for the new name for the blog once we move. Three Guys, Two Girls and Too Many Animals...a peek into our lives on the East Coast, 'cause you know you're curious about life out here will not be fitting when we move out to Kansas. The best entry will be used for the blog when we move!

5 comments:

Susan said...

We ARE in Kansas, Toto

We've got cows

We have a BASEMENT for a reason

I can't think of anything else right now. Good luck with the name.

Barbara said...

I LOVE the "we have a basement for a reason!"

Anonymous said...

LOL! Good for you on the toilet fixing.

Anonymous said...

Three Guys, Two Girls, and Too Many Animals - A peek into our life in the Plaines states...'cause you know you're curious about life out here in the friggin' desert!

Barbara said...

LOL! Thanks, Mike!