Monday, May 15, 2006

A Very Grey's Couple of Days

Knowing me, you had to know that this was coming. The Grey's season finale was spread over two nights (and since the president decided to speak tonight, they ran about 40 minutes of last night's episode tonight) and tonight was the 2 hour finale. Please bear with me as there are no new episodes until September and you won't have to hear me rant about it again until then.

First...Mike's friend, Carmen Mormino, was on last night's episode. He had one line but it was so cool! Sue doesn't think that the X degrees of seperation works in this case but I do so, because I met Carmen at Mike's high school reunion a couple of years back, I'm a mere 2 degrees from Patrick Dempsey!!!!!! LOL! Okay, I may have lost it...

I'm posting specifics here, so if you haven't seen it and you want to, turn away from the computer now. MICHELLE - YOU HAVE TO POST ON THIS!!!!!!

Holy Crap! Izzy and Denny. What the heck was she thinking cutting that wire?!? Does she really want to be brought up on manslaughter charges? So, he gets the heart but come on...she's gone totally postal (sorry, Sue). Poor Denny...gets the heart and then has a stroke? I loved Denny...I'm sad to see him go. But Izzy quitting? She can't quit! No no no. Alex proved he really is a good guy tonight. H really stepped it up for Izzy. Good for him.

Burke gets shot?!? What the heck? Why was he coming in through the emergency entrance anyway? Shouldn't he have been coming in off the helipad? And what's up with Cristina? Knock it off and go take care of your man you freak! Okay...she does...but only after Denny kicks it!

I do have to say that I cried the hardest when Doc died. Mike's gotten used to finding the metaphors in this show and says to me, "does that mean that Meredith and Derek's relationship is over?" Silly me, I say, "yeah." Little did I know that at the prom (yes, I said prom...how funny was Bailey speaking "teenage girl?" The whole silver and black balloons make the dresses pop thing was hysterical!) Der would tackle Mer. I would have been happy with the little hand touch at McVet's office...it would have given me some hope about them for next season, but they gave us soooooo much more! Callie walking in on them...oh my. I have to give her a lot of credit for fixing Mer's dress, though. I'm beginning to like her now. And now, Mer has to pick between McDreamy and McVet? Of course, that's a hands down no brainer...PICK MCDREAMY!!!!! And Addison sooooo knows. So, how come Mer didn't pick Derek right away? A)It's the season finale...they had to have a cliffhanger B)Look at the day she just had...her best friend almost kills a patient, she gets called on to rat her out only to call the Chief out for breaking up her parents years ago, she's essentially put on probation and has to help coordinate the prom, her dog is put to sleep, George finally gives he a gut wrenching apology during their time out, her other best friend's boyfriend is shot and it's potentially career ending and, Denny ends up having a stroke and dies only an hour after Izzy told him that she'd marry him. C)Derek may be asking Mer to come with him but he's still married. Don't ya love TV?

I know there's a lot I'm forgetting, but those are my favorite moments...did I mention that Meredith and Derek hooked up!?! She's so going to choose him!

8 comments:

Susan said...

You have gone round the bend. lol

Barbara said...

I know...it's sad. Really.

Anonymous said...

OK. I've got all three episodes
on DVD for you. So I guess that
I get a break until September.
Fortunatly, I'm really not all
that addicted to this thing
because I managed to see most of
O'Reilly and Hannity afterall.

(^_^)

Barbara said...

Oh, you closet Grey's fan! LOL!

Anonymous said...

The time to get worried is when
you find yourself wearing scrubs
all the time.

(^_^)

Anonymous said...

First - A note to your Dad - she is close to the scrubs thing - she won't share her Seattle Grace coffee mug!!!

Now - your comments - I really didn't cry when Denny died but I did when Alex came in and spoke - he is a real person with real feelings.

Then the water works were in full gear - I felt so sorry for McVet - he is so cute and he lost his wife in a car accident and now he is going to take a chance again and for what - for Mer to break his heart - I LOVE McDreamy but he shouldn't win that easy!!! He kinda lost that chance!

I also hurt for Addison and the Chief's wife - OMG!!!! For 25 years he thought he had hidden his affair and was glad - HAHAHAHA - she knew the whole time - can't put anything past a women!!!

And when George told Callie - "I don't want to say I love you because then you would know it was only because you said it - I want to mean it - give me a chance to mean it" WOW!!

And Cristina - the way she ran to Burke and grapped his hand - I haven't seen her feelings like that since she had the ectopic pregnancy!

I think that is it for now - but I know I will think of more things so be ready Barbara - we see each other on Thursday!!!

Barbara said...

Okay, first of all...GET YOUR OWN SEATTLE GRACE COFFEE MUG!!!!! You're just jealous! LOL!

Can you believe Alex? He was so awesome to Izzy and after how poorly she's treated him in the past few weeks.

I hear you about McVet. His mom is dead...his wife is dead...he's making plans again and Mer's going to break his heart not long after he's told her that he's stopped living from sunup to sundown. Ugh...

The whole George/Callie scene made George look so cool last night. For whatever reason, when he yelled "CALLIE!" I just wanted to cry. And when he was yelling at her "stop fighting me!" What a great scene.

I completely forgot about the chief's wife. Addelle got a big you go girl from me when she told him off. "I stood by you when you had that affair and when she broke your heart and you started drinking..." TELL IT SISTER! The look on Webber's face...

I wanted to reach throught the screen and grab Cristina the whole night and shake her. I cried when they brought her into the surgery to keep him focused and when they brought him out of the anesthesia and she couldn't do it. They are so going to have issues next season. I did have to laugh at her comment when she said to Izzy "good for you, fight the power." When Izzy told them that she told Burke a lie. Classic Cristina.

Like you said...I'm sure there's more...I'll see you at the "brunch" on Thursday...are we going to lunch after?

Barbara said...

oh...I forgot to post this...one of my favorite lines from last night was when Callie said to George "I'm wearing a dress, I'm wearing heels, I shaved my legs, yes! I'm going to the prom!"