Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No Use Crying Over Spilt...Sand?

When we did the Family Day at the Park during Apple Blossom weekend, the kids got to make bottles of sand art. I thought it was odd that they were using glass bottles but whatever. The bottles got home safely and were sitting nicely on the window sill. For whatever reason, Daniel thought that it would be fun to bring everyone's bottles outside today to play with. I heard the crash but wasn't sure what it was. I saw Daniel standing in front of the front door, holding Jacob and Hannah's bottles and crying hysterically because his bottle broke (look down a few posts and you'll see a photo of Daniel and his beloved bottle of sand!). Of course, he's not wearing shoes or socks and there's broken glass everywhere. He bends down to try to put the pieces back together. I'm screaming for him to back away and I hear Hannah's little voice trying to comfort Daniel "it'll be 'kay Danyo" she kept saying over and over again. I just wanted to hug her! It was a pain to clean up but it did look kind of pretty spread out on the doorstep.

No comments: