Monday, October 11, 2010

Sorry About That...

Okay, so it's been a couple of months since I last blogged.  Everything I thought was normal and true came crashing down and it was time to pick up the pieces.  Fortunately, the pieces are coming back together quite nicely and that's a good thing.  And that's all I have to say about that.

The kids have gone back to school and we've settled into our normal, chaotic life.  TKD, soccer, keshet, Sunday School, all Scouts, gymnastics, strings...phew, I'm tired. 

Did I mention Daniel started playing the viola?  He loves it and plays it every chance he can.  Of course, the learning how to use the bow has been awesome.  Ugh.

Emily and I took our (what was to be yearly but has become twice a year) girls' weekend trip.  We flew to Portland to see the Blue October concert but also managed to meet up with Tommy and Matt while we were there.  I haven't seen Tommy in 8 years, so it was REALLY good to see him.  It was also nice to meet Matt, whom I've heard so much about.  They are too cute. 

While we were there, we took the scenic drive around and saw Mt. Hood and a ton of waterfalls.  What an amazing place.  The weather was perfect for a touristy trip on Saturday and, even through it was drizzly on Sunday, hanging out downtown with the boys was a blast.  I also ate at a vegan restaurant and really enjoyed it!  Too fun.

We went to the concert Sunday night and it was AMAZING.  We were very close (third row) and at one point, the lead singer looked me in the eye and smiled.  *sigh*  I almost passed out.  LOL!  After the concert, Emily and I decided to hang out because "I had a feeling," and our patience was rewarded.  We got to meet the entire band.  Everyone but Justin took pictures with us but they all signed our tickets and talked to us.  Too cool.  We were flying back to the hotel.

Sunday, October 3 was the Kansas City Blue October show.  Emily flew in on Saturday and we were having a great time.  We met her friend, Karen, for yoga and brunch Sunday morning and came back early to get ready because I'd won meet and greet passes for the concert.

Yep. We got to hang out at soundcheck (they sang 5 songs!!!!) and then got to meet the band, minus Ryan. Emily made sure to let Justin know what she does for a living and they were all over her. Hugs and whatnot. I couldn't speak. Ugh.  Here's the awesome photo.  *sigh*

Jeremy (drums), Emily, Matt (bass), Justin (lead singer and guitar), me and CB (guitar)
The huge smile is because Justin had just kissed me on the head.  *swoon*  Of course, that's probably why I'm all flushed, too. 

We met Karen and her friend at the concert (because I suddenly had 2 extra tickets) and had a blast.  The opening act was the Parlotones (check them out...they're awesome.  And very good looking) and then Blue took the stage.  AWESOME concert. 

After the concert, Emily wanted to get Ryan's signature or something, so we hung out after the concert to meet him and we got to.  :)  Matt remembered us from the meet and greet (so cool!).  We didn't get to see Justin or Jeremy again but that was okay.  

So, Emily and I have been reliving the weekends all this past week.  Too bad their tour is over.  :(  Yeah, I'm 16.  LOL!

No comments: