Sunday, July 25, 2010

This Weekend's Exhausting Me!

Jacob had his birthday slumber party on Friday night.  I swear this just might be the last one since there was at least one child up at some point for the entire night.  Two boys fell asleep around 1am and were woken up by others playing pranks around 4am.  Those boys fell asleep around 4:30 and the ones that had been asleep stayed up and woke everyone else up at 7am.  The only thing that kept me from being really upset was the fact that they were quiet.  One little boy, John, came upstairs and promptly fell asleep on the couch.  I tried waking him up and Mike tried waking him up with no luck.  Poor kid was bumping into walls when his mom came to pick him up. 

In order to keep Hannah out of their hair, I took her to see Ramona and Beezus during the party.  We both loved it.  It doesn't follow a specific book and they've modernized the story but it's very cute.  I wasn't disappointed at all and found myself crying through the second half of the movie.  Hannah thought that was strange.  I'm a cryer, what can I say. 

Saturday, we spent most of the day sleeping.  Jacob and Daniel both fell asleep on the couch, which was seriously cute.  It was hard to get Jacob up so that we could go see Toy Story 3 while Mike went to see Paul McCartney at the Sprint Center.  Yeah, I could have gone to see Paul McCartney with him, but I don't like the Beatles or Paul McCartney so I figured it would be better if Mike took someone that would actually enjoy the concert.  Mike had a great time and so did the rest of us, so all's good. 

We all slept in this morning and have, pretty much, decided that it's just a lazy day.  I'm thinking it's going to be a taco night and we'll just hang out until the Season 4 premiere of Mad Men.  The perfect end to a very busy weekend. 

No comments: