Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oops!

I need to make a revision to the recipe below.  I can't believe I forgot a HUGE ingredient!  Here is the real list of ingredients...

1 cup butter                                               2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup white sugar                                   1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar                   1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract                          2 cups chocolate chips
2 eggs                                                       1 cup chopped walnuts

Add brown sugar to the butter, white sugar and vanilla at the beginning.  I used dark brown sugar for this recipe. 

Tonight, I made a White Chocolate Macadamia big cookie for Jacob's birthday.  I used the same recipe EXCEPT I:

**omitted chocolate chips and replaced with 2 cups white chocolate chips

**omitted walnuts and replaced with 1 cup very coarsly chopped macadamia nuts

**used light brown sugar instead of dark brown sugar. 

I also only cooked it for 19 minutes and that seemed to work perfectly.

My apologies to anyone that tried to use this recipe without the brown sugar!

No comments: